Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Whiskers

Whiskers
by Julene Baker, PSA
10x8, pastel
$120
50% of sale to help another kitty out of their cage at
Rogers Animal Services, Rogers, AR (can be seen on Petfinder)

When I was at the Rogers City Shelter, to pick out a kitty to sponsor, I met Whiskers, who was found in a parking lot here where I live in Rogers, Arkansas last July as a small kitten. He is now a very cute "teenage" kitty, that had been in his small cage cage for several months, patiently waiting to be able to get out, run, play, and do the things kittens do. He stole my heart, and while he was perched on top of the shelter manager's shoulder, I took the photo I used for my portrait of him. A young man came in about a week later, and adopted him, largely in part because he had been sponsored, and had a lower adoption fee than normal.. I feel blessed for having helped this sweet baby get a home.

To purchase this portrait of Whiskers, email me at julene@julenebaker.com

I know another kitty will appreciate it.

********

Please click on the post title to comment.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails