Monday, September 14, 2009

Boats in the Harbor, Maine Scene by Della Burgus

Boats in the Harbor
by Della Burgus
Image size: 8 x 10
Pastel on Wallis Pastel Paper
Matted, ready to frame
20% of the Sale donated to
Old Dog Haven



I traveled to Maine last month for my son's wedding and saw some spectacular scenery. The light there is unlike any I have encountered in my other travels. It is hard to describe in words, so I will just have to paint it! Since there was no time for plein-air painting, I took lots and lots of photos. When I saw these boats tied to a floating dock, I knew they would become my first Maine painting. You can't imagine the impact the scene made upon this formerly land-locked Midwesterner. The reflections on the water, the way the light hits the boat - everything about it - said we aren't in Iowa any more.

To purchase email the artist

********
Please click on 'COMMENTS' below the blog post and tell us what you think of this painting. If you received this post via email subscription, click on the Art Helping Animals link at bottom of email to get to the comments section.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails